Web Hosting Services Delhi
A Web host is an organization that sells or leases memory space on its servers. Web hosting is a necessity for any website — it is the physical location of your website on the Internet, an online storage centre that houses the information, images, video, and other content that comprises your website. In essence, a web host is the accommodating host computer that’s giving your site a place to stay, and that will present the content of your site to anyone who visits your web address.
Why you need a host
In order to get a website active and live on the internet, you need to host a website. If you are seeking to build a website without taking web hosting services, registering domain names will serve no purpose. When you buy website hosting you basically rent server space on a server where your web files will be placed.
There are different types of Website Hosting:
1. Shared Web Hosting - Shared web hosting service refers to a web hosting service where many websites reside on one web server connected to the Internet. This is generally the most economical option for hosting, as the overall cost of server maintenance is amortized over many customers.
2. Reseller Web Hosting - Reseller hosting is a form of web hosting wherein the account owner has the ability to use his or her allotted hard drive space and bandwidth to host websites on behalf of third parties. The reseller purchases the host’s services wholesale and then sells them to customers, possibly for a profit.
3. Cloud Based Web Hosting - Basically, this means that your website uses the virtual resources of several servers to accommodate all the aspects of hosting your site. The load is balanced, security is taken care of and hardware resources are available virtually so they can be used when needed.
4. Virtual Private Server (VPS) - A Virtual Private Server is a virtual machine sold as a service by an Internet hosting service. A VPS runs its own copy of an operating system, and customers may have super user-level access to that operating system instance, so they can install almost any software that runs on that OS.
5. Dedicated Web Server - A dedicated server is a single computer in a network reserved for serving the needs of the network. For example, some networks require that one computer is set aside to manage communications between all the other computers. In the Web hosting business, a dedicated server is typically a rented service.